Using content management as an OEM or VAR platform is finally starting to get some traction. A new term, Content Enabled Vertical Applications, has been coined and rather than let it go into buzzword infamy we’ve decided to place some focus on it with a series.
- See the Value of CEVAs – Is an overview of CEVAs.
- Considering a CEVA Strategy? – Looks at CEVAs from a vendor’s perspective.
ROI on ECM
The intent of the “ROI on ECM” series is to document metrics that can be used to track the effectiveness of an enterprise content management system. Too often these systems are rated and reviewed without even the most basic metrics to calculate effectiveness. These articles represent ways to track individual aspects and functions of a content management system with metrics.
- Estimating Storage – Do you know how much storage you will need for your content management system’s deployment? Here’s how to find out.
- Cost of Content – Do you really know how much a piece of content costs to develop in your organization? This calculation will help you find out.
- Calculating Search Efficiency – It’s easy to say that the search engine for a site is poorly tuned, but is it really the case? This metric will state the performance of the search engine based on real numbers not opinions.